Our rehabilitation services include:
- Orthopedic and sports injuries
- Neck and back pain
- Work injuries
- Chronic and acute pain
- Post-operative care
- Temporal mandibular disorder
- Sacro-iliac dysfunction
- Vertigo – pediatrics
- Women’s health
- Hand and wrist injury
Physical therapy is an evidence-based service rendered to restore mobility, improve functional independence, and educate patients to manage their conditions so they can achieve long-term success and be in control of their health. Our highly trained and experienced staff at Five Star examines and evaluates each patient on an individualized basis and designs treatment interventions that tailor to specific functional needs and goals. After an in-depth evaluation of current status and functional ability, we provide up to date knowledge and treatment to improve pain, stiffness, range of motion, strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, sports specific activity, and much more. Treatment interventions include but are not limited to: endurance and strength training, flexibility training, therapeutic modalities, massage, ASTYM, golf assessment and intervention, and post-operative progression and care.
Five Star Physical Therapy offers ASTYM certified therapists. ASTYM system is an advanced form of soft tissue mobilization enabling clinicians to effectively initiate a new inflammatory process, initiating remodeling and regeneration of dysfunctional tissue. The use of ergonomically designed instruments optimizes rapid identification and effective treatment of damage tissue areas that exhibit texture changes associated with soft tissue scarring/fibrosis or chronic tendonopathy.
ASTYM maximizes results through a minimal number of treatments. Pain, loss of motion, and/or loss of function following surgery, injury, or trauma may benefit from the ASTYM system, including but not limited to: Trigger finger, carpal tunnel syndrome, lateral epicondylitis, medial epicondylitis, DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis, wrist sprains, shoulder pain, plantar fasciitis, chronic sprains, achilles tendinitis, shin splints, patellar tendinitis, hamstring strains, IT band syndrome.
- Stimulates the breakdown of dysfunctional tissue
- Allows for functional restoration of healthy cells
- Controlled microtrauma initiates local healing response
- Regenerates healing of healthy soft tissue (tendons and muscles)
- Leads to resorption of inappropriate scarring and fibrosis of tissue
- Remodels existing collagen
- The Body’s healing is guided by patient specific stretching, exercise, and functional activities
- Scientific research shows substantial clinical outcomes
- High patient compliance
- Decreased need of surgical intervention
Massage therapy can be an integral part of your healing process, providing advanced rehab progress and relief from acute and chronic pain and stress. Multiple research studies show that massage therapy not only relaxes the muscles, but provides many other positive therapeutic benefits as well.
- Stress reduction
- Enhanced blood circulation
- Improvement in flexibility, range of motion, and athletic performance
- Muscle relaxation
- Pain reduction
- Improved sleep quality
- Emotional benefits